Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Current through a twisted pair

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have a model of a twisted pair of wires, and I would like to run a current through each wire. However, I'm unable to select the right boundaries for the ground and terminal.

Could anybody help with this problem? I've attached the model.

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply Last Post 22.07.2015, 08:52 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 22.07.2015, 08:52 GMT-4
Just looking at your model very briefly, you will need to have the wires touch the sides of the airbox in order to complete the return paths. You have them hanging out of the airbox which is not going to be correct. With the chosen physics, for exciting the wires you can use a lumped port. Check some of the other AC/DC or RF module files. While they may not address your specific problem they will address setup if you study them. Ground can be achieved by using the airbox sides so you don't really have to set up the ground specifically. If you change to a different physics that may no longer be true.
Just looking at your model very briefly, you will need to have the wires touch the sides of the airbox in order to complete the return paths. You have them hanging out of the airbox which is not going to be correct. With the chosen physics, for exciting the wires you can use a lumped port. Check some of the other AC/DC or RF module files. While they may not address your specific problem they will address setup if you study them. Ground can be achieved by using the airbox sides so you don't really have to set up the ground specifically. If you change to a different physics that may no longer be true.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.