Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Convergence problem hyperelastic material - Ogden model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!

I am doing a simulation of biological material on COMSOL. I am using the model of Ogden to model hyperelastic material. My model is working for pressure value until a certain step , when I increase the load to 20000 kPa, my model encounter some problem to converge. I heard that it is better to apply a load gradually in function of time to improve the convergence for hyperelastic material as it is specified on the comsol website but it does not explaining the way to do.

So I want to apply a load in function of the time. I am tryin to apply it but it does not work! Maybe there is a problem in the selection of the solver? Is it better to use" Segregated solver"? How can I apply a pressure in function over the time? Do I have to use a ramp function?
Maybe somebody could explain me step by step how to apply such load?

Furthermore, my model present some regions where the load (von mises) is very high and it should not. It might be a reason of the problem of convergence? I attached a picture where the von mises stress is plotted on the surface. The pressure of 5000 Pa is applied inside the cavity.

It is a load case of a balloon inflated inside a uterus.

If somebody could be able to help me, it would be very great!

Have a nice day!

Tim

0 Replies Last Post 12.07.2015, 07:32 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Tim B

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.