Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

model eye and its saccades

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm trying to model the eye and have it oscillate about it's axis with an angular velocity.

However, when I use moving mesh to create movement, I can't seem to get it to rotate about it's axis (the origin). It seems to oscillate just in the y-direction. I'm relatively new to Comsol so any kind of help will be great!

I've attached my mph file too.

Thanks!
Karthik

2 Replies Last Post 22.04.2013, 12:53 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 19.04.2013, 15:47 GMT-4
Hi

you might want to define a cylindrical coordinate and define your motion w.r.t. that one
(Model - Definitions - Coordinate Systems)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you might want to define a cylindrical coordinate and define your motion w.r.t. that one (Model - Definitions - Coordinate Systems) -- Good luck Ivar

Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Posted: 1 decade ago 22.04.2013, 12:53 GMT-4
Hi Karthik,

The problem is that you are applying a constant circumferential velocity. In order to get a rotation the applied velocity should linearly increase with distance from the center.

Nagi Elabbasi
www.veryst.com
Hi Karthik, The problem is that you are applying a constant circumferential velocity. In order to get a rotation the applied velocity should linearly increase with distance from the center. Nagi Elabbasi www.veryst.com

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.