Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Box in Box Radiation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am new to comsol, and I am having difficulty getting my model to work correctly, with what I thought was a very straight forward problem.

I have a solid cube inside a hollow cube of some thickness. The inner cube has a heat load associated with it and is "floating" in the center of the larger hollow cube. Not touching via conduction. I am only considering radiation between surfaces and radiation to an ambient.

When running the model, the interoir surfaces of my hollow cube are droping below the ambient temperature. Where they should be the hottest surface of the large hollow cube. It like there is a space node in the void space in my cube. I set the ambient temperature in the rad to rad parameters to 20C.

Anyone know what the possible issues could be?

I have

0 Replies Last Post 13.09.2022, 17:06 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Joshua Richey

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.