Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heating wire

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello :) I have a very simple problem, that just wont work out the way I want it to. I just want a wire to heat up as I run a current through it, but when computing I only get a potential difference and no heating. Later I want it submerged in water, but that must be for another day ;) I have attached the file, and would love if some of you would help me out Regards Hans

1 Reply Last Post 19.11.2021, 04:59 GMT-5
Kristian Rye Jensen COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago 19.11.2021, 04:59 GMT-5

Hi Hans. I can see that you have a fixed temperature on all boundaries, meaning these boundaries will not be more than your specified value, maybe try with a heat flux condition.

If you have follow-up questions or technical questions in the future, please write our support team at www.comsol.dk/support/cases/.

Best regards, Kristian Rye Jensen

-------------------
Kristian Rye Jensen
COMSOL DK
Hi Hans. I can see that you have a fixed temperature on all boundaries, meaning these boundaries will not be more than your specified value, maybe try with a heat flux condition. If you have follow-up questions or technical questions in the future, please write our support team at www.comsol.dk/support/cases/. Best regards, Kristian Rye Jensen

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.