Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Relative permittivity of Gold at a frequency of 104 MHz

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I need the value of the relative permittivity of Gold at a frequency of 104 MHz. I found values at optical wavelengths.
Thanks.

Best regards,
Nadia

3 Replies Last Post 04.12.2015, 16:12 GMT-5
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 9 years ago 03.12.2015, 13:24 GMT-5
Hi Nadia,

the relative permittivity of gold (and most metals) at 104 MHz is pretty meaningless because the skin depth is less than a micrometer.
What exactly do you think you need it for?

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Hi Nadia, the relative permittivity of gold (and most metals) at 104 MHz is pretty meaningless because the skin depth is less than a micrometer. What exactly do you think you need it for? Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Posted: 9 years ago 04.12.2015, 11:25 GMT-5
Dear Edgar,

Thank you for your reponse.
It is used for SAW (Surface Acoustic Wave) sensor. The interdigitated electrodes and the sensing zone are covered with Gold.

Best regards,
Nadia.
Dear Edgar, Thank you for your reponse. It is used for SAW (Surface Acoustic Wave) sensor. The interdigitated electrodes and the sensing zone are covered with Gold. Best regards, Nadia.

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 9 years ago 04.12.2015, 16:12 GMT-5

Nadia,

I assume that the gold coatings are much thicker than the skin depth at 104 MHz. So an impedance BC would typically by sufficient for the electrodes.

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Nadia, I assume that the gold coatings are much thicker than the skin depth at 104 MHz. So an impedance BC would typically by sufficient for the electrodes. Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.