Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

URGENT -Running COMSOL with MATLAB help needed

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

This is in reference to a post :

May 3, 2011 8:51am EDT in response to captainmariah
Re: Work on COMSOL through MATLAB?

2. You can start a Comsol server manually (from the Comsol Start menu group or installation folder) and then, in Matlab, run the command "mphstart;" to connect to Comsol.

Once you have connected to Comsol, you should be able to run the m-file you saved from Comsol. Then you want to get some results out of it. At this point I need to refer you to the Comsol API Guide, which you find from Help > Documentation within Comsol. This guide lists all the commands you can use in Matlab, and you should be able to find the results you want to access listed there.

I did firstly set the current folder to COMSOL51\mli and the comsol server is ON before using mphstart)..

However, I received an error, "connection refused" and no further information available.
I am using MATLAB R2015a and COMSOL 5.1

Kindly help me out.

0 Replies Last Post 19.11.2015, 11:41 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Komal Lagu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.