Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

wire winding position in multi-turn coil domain

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear sir/madam,

I'm using a rectangular cuboid shaped coil (as in the attached file) as well as a normal cylindrical coil in my design(but in separate designs though). I've simply used that multi-turn coil domain feature and numeric coil type. Magnetic field as well as resistance, inductance of the coil in case of the cylindrical coil in coming in simulation as expected. But in rectangular type of coil the current through the 'input' cross-section is shown(in the attached figure) to be flowing perpendicular through the entire cross-section of the 'input'! So does this means wires are also wounded side-by-side? But that would not be correct for my case, as I want the wires to be wounded one above & below the others.
So it would be very helpful if someone tells me where exactly inside the coil cross-section the wires are wounded, and if they are also coming side-by-side by any means? I also gone through the attached power point file on MTCD, but that does not clear this doubt.

Thanks & Regards,
Tapabrata Sen

0 Replies Last Post 06.11.2015, 20:47 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Tapabrata Sen

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.