Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Coupled Magnetic Fields (mf) and Solid Mechanics (solid)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I'm trying to understand time dependent study in coupled mode using the above two physics modules. I'm trying to use an existing tutorial steps and extend this to time dependent study. As per the tutorial, J0 - current density is a required input parameter and the study carried out doesn't have any changing magnetic field. However, I want an ac magnetic field, and by varying J0, I get to vary magnetic field and am interested in taking a look at how this will affect magenetostriction. I want to make J0 a time dependent variable and for this I have defined another variable J1 as J0*t. When I try to run compute, it gives me an error saying

Failed to find consistent initial values.
Last time step is not converged.

I'm trying to extend what is given here - www.comsol.com/model/nonlinear-magnetostrictive-transducer-6063

Any pointers as to what I'm overlooking would be appreciated. I've just started playing around with Comsol and would appreciate some inputs.

Thanks,
Varun

0 Replies Last Post 27.10.2015, 07:50 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello V P

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.