Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Using Parametric Extrusion by combining different solutions.

Gerardo E. Villarreal-Garcia

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I ran different studies in the same model, each one for a different range of temperatures. I would like to create a parametric extrusion 2D of a cross section for one temperature from each solution, but it seems that Parametric Extrusion 2D shows the data for each value of the parameter within the same data set.

I though I could use the data set "Join" to pick data from each solution at a specific temperature, (using the "explicit" option), but apparently that's not the correct way to do it. Is that even possible? Or should I just run a different study with the particular temperatures I want and use that data set to do the parametric extrusion?

Thanks!

Gerardo

--
PhD Student

Centre for Quantum Photonics
H.H. Wills Physics Laboratory
University of Bristol
Tyndall Avenue
Bristol
BS8 1TL, UK

Office 1.25
Email: g.villarreal@bristol.ac.uk

2 Replies Last Post 30.09.2015, 09:59 GMT-4
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 30.09.2015, 09:13 GMT-4
Hi,

Have you considered the 'withsol()' operator?

Regards,
Henrik
Hi, Have you considered the 'withsol()' operator? Regards, Henrik

Posted: 9 years ago 30.09.2015, 09:59 GMT-4
Hi,

Thanks for the comment! I found a way to do it, I created a 3D Plot Group with different surfaces, and I applied a constant deformation for each one to create an spatial offset. I'm not sure if what you suggested is easier or equivalent.

Thanks!

Gerardo

--
PhD Student

Centre for Quantum Photonics
H.H. Wills Physics Laboratory
University of Bristol
Tyndall Avenue
Bristol
BS8 1TL, UK

Office 1.25
Email: g.villarreal@bristol.ac.uk
Hi, Thanks for the comment! I found a way to do it, I created a 3D Plot Group with different surfaces, and I applied a constant deformation for each one to create an spatial offset. I'm not sure if what you suggested is easier or equivalent. Thanks! Gerardo -- Gerardo E. Villarreal-Garcia PhD Student Centre for Quantum Photonics H.H. Wills Physics Laboratory University of Bristol Tyndall Avenue Bristol BS8 1TL, UK Office 1.25 Email: g.villarreal@bristol.ac.uk

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.