Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heat transfer problem - Wrong Solution due to Heat flux boundary condition problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm doing a simulation of a channel flow with thick walls to understand the differences between macro scale and micro scale effects. When I impose an heat flux boundary condition with a certain value, and after the simulation runs through, I check the surface where I imposed the B.C and the amount of heat that is comming through is about 30 times higher then the one I imposed. Hope i've been has clear has possible.

The file is too big to be attached, so i followed your procedure and put the file in the following director so you can check it, ftp://ftp.comsol.com/incoming/COMSOL_FORUM_QUESTION.mph

Fill free to check the model and see if there is any error in mine implementation.

Best regards,

Duarte Albuquerque

1 Reply Last Post 09.09.2015, 08:06 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 09.09.2015, 08:06 GMT-4
Hi

the easiest to upload a model here is to "clear All Solution" then "Clear All Mesh" and possibly "File - Compact Model", and then Save As: archive_empty_name and upload as archive_empty_name

We can always remesh and resolve, and you use far less disk space like that, and one should expect we get the same rsults/errors as you do :)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi the easiest to upload a model here is to "clear All Solution" then "Clear All Mesh" and possibly "File - Compact Model", and then Save As: archive_empty_name and upload as archive_empty_name We can always remesh and resolve, and you use far less disk space like that, and one should expect we get the same rsults/errors as you do :) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.