Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to Write 2D diffusive wave equation in PDE form

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I want to write equation that I attached here, and I wrote it inside the comsol but I am not sure if this is the correct form of writing.
Explanation about equation: d0= depth of flow h0=water surface elevation K0(x,y)= surface conductance in x and y direction.

In some way,
I tried to write 2D diffusive wave equation in PDE in comsol, but after running my program I confronted with this error:
Attempt to evaluate nonintegral power of negative number.
- Function: ^
Failed to evaluate variable.
- Variable: mod1.ksx
- Defined as: (mod1.d^0.66666666666666663)/((mod1.trueSlopex^0.5)*mod1.nx)
Failed to evaluate expression.
- Expression: d(d((-mod1.ut*test(mod1.u)-mod1.d*mod1.ksx*mod1.ux*test(mod1.ux)-mod1.d*mod1.ksy*mod1.uy*test(mod1.uy))*(dvol),{test@4}),mod1.ux)

Does anybody know how is it possible to fix this problem,please?

Hope to hear from you.
Sepideh

0 Replies Last Post 01.09.2015, 11:41 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sepideh Ramezani

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.