Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Factors for Convergence

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi

I am solving a time-dependent problem on flow through porous media using two phase darcy law. I want to know whether the time range for the study affects the flow or convergence of the solution. According to what I know, only the time step size affects the solution or convergence. But in my problem the flow is good and converged if I solve it for a particular time, but if I increase or decrease the time the solution is not good as well as its not converging. I have also attached the file for your reference.

Hope, some would be able to address my concern and also indicate the factors affecting the convergence of the solution.

Thanks.

Regards
Bachchan

1 Reply Last Post 21.07.2015, 11:31 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 21.07.2015, 11:31 GMT-4
Hi Bachchan:

At the outlet boundary, is the resin flowing out or is it constrained inside the L-shaped container? I think the problem is your outlet boundary condition is allowing the resin to flow out and after a certain point, the simulation wants to fill up the L-shaped container with air and push out all the resin. Can you change the boundary condition so that you specify the saturation level at the exit?

Sri
Hi Bachchan: At the outlet boundary, is the resin flowing out or is it constrained inside the L-shaped container? I think the problem is your outlet boundary condition is allowing the resin to flow out and after a certain point, the simulation wants to fill up the L-shaped container with air and push out all the resin. Can you change the boundary condition so that you specify the saturation level at the exit? Sri

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.