Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Geometry issue

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I am designing an encapsulation for a chip and I need to create a flow path through it.
The starting surface of the flow path is a circular surface and it should finish in a rectangular surface.
I am trying to figure out how to do this but I have not had success on this.
If somebody could help, it would be great.

Attached there is a picture of the design and in red you will find the surface that I want to unify.

Best regards,
Accel

2 Replies Last Post 12.06.2015, 08:16 GMT-4

Posted: 9 years ago 10.06.2015, 10:57 GMT-4
I think the easiest way is to build this in a CAD program like Creo and do a swept blend.
I think the easiest way is to build this in a CAD program like Creo and do a swept blend.

Posted: 9 years ago 12.06.2015, 08:16 GMT-4
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I think you are right, I already changed to SolidWorks to design the structure.

Cheers
Accel
Hi, Thanks for your reply. I think you are right, I already changed to SolidWorks to design the structure. Cheers Accel

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.