Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Induction heating with frequency transient

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello dear all,

I want to simulate an inductor to investigate the temperature rise of core and coil respectively, due to core losses (the Hysteresis, Eddy current, and Residual loss), and internal resistance of the coil. To this aim, I use the "Induction heating" with "Frequency-transient" study. I found some obstacle to calculate the induction heating with hysteresis losses. When I use the "Frequency-transient" as study, I realize that I should enter the constant relative permeability instead of the BH - curve, which caused I can not obtain accurate results. So would you please inform me what should I do in this situation?
And I have another question about "Joule- losses". Is it true that I should enter the constant RMS value of current instead of sinusoidal current in "Electric current"?

Thank you so much with best regards,

1 Reply Last Post 28.06.2016, 05:08 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Reza Kadkhodaee

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 28.06.2016, 05:08 GMT-4
Hello
Do you have the video or file of Induction heating with frequency transient?
If you have it,can you send it to my email?My email is 798278320@qq.com.
Thank you very much.
Hello Do you have the video or file of Induction heating with frequency transient? If you have it,can you send it to my email?My email is 798278320@qq.com. Thank you very much.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.