Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error in parameter domain topological analysis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,
I have some troubles with the problems of geometry in comsol. I have built a 3D model with comsol 4.3b. There are crosses of geometry and some boolean operations, in which some geometry's size is very small .
When I change the their's relative location by the the parameterized scanning,So the problem is the 'Error in parameter domain topological analysis.' The simulation can not continue successfully.So could you help me solve the problem? Thank you very much.

3 Replies Last Post 29.07.2016, 17:40 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello 建申 高

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 9 years ago 03.08.2015, 13:06 GMT-4

Dear all,
I have some troubles with the problems of geometry in comsol. I have built a 3D model with comsol 4.3b. There are crosses of geometry and some boolean operations, in which some geometry's size is very small .
When I change the their's relative location by the the parameterized scanning,So the problem is the 'Error in parameter domain topological analysis.' The simulation can not continue successfully.So could you help me solve the problem? Thank you very much.

I have exactly same problem. I am trying to take a difference (in boolean sense) between two solids: a cylinder supplied with a conical tip of various angles and boxes. I have experimented with different resolutions of the revolution operator (as the first object is obtained through revolution) as well as with reparation tool tolerance. Yet, there is no effect.
I would appreciate your help!
Thank you and kind regards,
Oleg
[QUOTE] Dear all, I have some troubles with the problems of geometry in comsol. I have built a 3D model with comsol 4.3b. There are crosses of geometry and some boolean operations, in which some geometry's size is very small . When I change the their's relative location by the the parameterized scanning,So the problem is the 'Error in parameter domain topological analysis.' The simulation can not continue successfully.So could you help me solve the problem? Thank you very much. [/QUOTE] I have exactly same problem. I am trying to take a difference (in boolean sense) between two solids: a cylinder supplied with a conical tip of various angles and boxes. I have experimented with different resolutions of the revolution operator (as the first object is obtained through revolution) as well as with reparation tool tolerance. Yet, there is no effect. I would appreciate your help! Thank you and kind regards, Oleg

Posted: 9 years ago 04.08.2015, 04:02 GMT-4

I have exactly same problem. I am trying to take a difference (in boolean sense) between two solids: a cylinder supplied with a conical tip of various angles and boxes. I have experimented with different resolutions of the revolution operator (as the first object is obtained through revolution) as well as with reparation tool tolerance. Yet, there is no effect.
I would appreciate your help!
Thank you and kind regards,
Oleg

Looks like the problem is common. I have found some more information here:
comsolcfd.blogspot.no/2014/10/internal-error-in-geometry.html
Basically, it says there is another switch in tolerance of the "Form Union" node. I have tried with that one as well, but it seems to work at random in my case. You may try, maybe that will help you. Good luck!
[QUOTE] I have exactly same problem. I am trying to take a difference (in boolean sense) between two solids: a cylinder supplied with a conical tip of various angles and boxes. I have experimented with different resolutions of the revolution operator (as the first object is obtained through revolution) as well as with reparation tool tolerance. Yet, there is no effect. I would appreciate your help! Thank you and kind regards, Oleg [/QUOTE] Looks like the problem is common. I have found some more information here: http://comsolcfd.blogspot.no/2014/10/internal-error-in-geometry.html Basically, it says there is another switch in tolerance of the "Form Union" node. I have tried with that one as well, but it seems to work at random in my case. You may try, maybe that will help you. Good luck!

Posted: 8 years ago 29.07.2016, 17:40 GMT-4

Hi

I'm new in Comsol. When I build a circle with 0.05m radius on a cylinder with 200m radius, the circle is shown like a square. I tried to solve the problem by changing repair tolerance but it makes this error: - Detail: Error in parameter domain topological analysis.
I thick the problem is the wide rang of tolerance (0.05-200m), but I don't know the solution.
It would be really appreciated if anyone can help me.

Thanks,
Hi I'm new in Comsol. When I build a circle with 0.05m radius on a cylinder with 200m radius, the circle is shown like a square. I tried to solve the problem by changing repair tolerance but it makes this error: - Detail: Error in parameter domain topological analysis. I thick the problem is the wide rang of tolerance (0.05-200m), but I don't know the solution. It would be really appreciated if anyone can help me. Thanks,

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.