Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Thermoelectric Model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

I am looking to find and study example models relating to thermoelectric effect modeling using COMSOL.

Does anyone have any reference source/model on thermoelectrics which could be used ?

Thanks
Piyush

13 Replies Last Post 13.06.2013, 14:33 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 13.07.2010, 23:26 GMT-4
Hi Piyush,

I'm working on modeling of thermoelectric generation in COMSOL, I could send you my basic model which contains the necessary PDE's and boundary conditions if you would like. What in particular are you working on?

- Dave
Hi Piyush, I'm working on modeling of thermoelectric generation in COMSOL, I could send you my basic model which contains the necessary PDE's and boundary conditions if you would like. What in particular are you working on? - Dave

Posted: 1 decade ago 25.10.2010, 04:57 GMT-4
Hello, I'm also working on a Comsol model for a thermoelectric cooler (modules connected electrically in series and thermally in parallel) using the PDE mode. In postprocessing, the temperature profile seems appropriate but I can't seem to obtain the right distribution for the voltage. I tried to change the boundary conditions and also the coefficients of the [V] matrix (i think for the n-type the coefficients for V should be minus) but still there's something wrong with somewhere in the model. I appreciate if you could send your model to check and correct my model (I'm using 3.5a).

I also wonder if the whole thermal-electric coupled problem could be solved by PDE mode only or do I also need to add General Heat transfer / Conductive Media DC electrostatics to specify the electrical and temperature boundary conditions correctly?

I appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thank you.

Emre
Hello, I'm also working on a Comsol model for a thermoelectric cooler (modules connected electrically in series and thermally in parallel) using the PDE mode. In postprocessing, the temperature profile seems appropriate but I can't seem to obtain the right distribution for the voltage. I tried to change the boundary conditions and also the coefficients of the [V] matrix (i think for the n-type the coefficients for V should be minus) but still there's something wrong with somewhere in the model. I appreciate if you could send your model to check and correct my model (I'm using 3.5a). I also wonder if the whole thermal-electric coupled problem could be solved by PDE mode only or do I also need to add General Heat transfer / Conductive Media DC electrostatics to specify the electrical and temperature boundary conditions correctly? I appreciate any help or suggestions. Thank you. Emre

Posted: 1 decade ago 06.12.2010, 04:24 GMT-5
Hello Dave,

I'm also working on thermoelectric generator and just started to use COMSOL. I have some doubts regarding boundary conditions, so it would be good if you send me you basic model, PDE with boundary setups.

Thank you very much.

Jin
Hello Dave, I'm also working on thermoelectric generator and just started to use COMSOL. I have some doubts regarding boundary conditions, so it would be good if you send me you basic model, PDE with boundary setups. Thank you very much. Jin

Posted: 1 decade ago 20.09.2011, 06:48 GMT-4
Dear all,

I just become to the COMSOL member since I wanted to use in the Thermoelectric model.
Could you please help me to give a suggestion to attend some Comsol training course which I should take before working with comsol thermoelectric model?

Thanks a lot,

Hung
Dear all, I just become to the COMSOL member since I wanted to use in the Thermoelectric model. Could you please help me to give a suggestion to attend some Comsol training course which I should take before working with comsol thermoelectric model? Thanks a lot, Hung

Posted: 1 decade ago 09.03.2012, 00:52 GMT-5
Hello,

I am a beginner in COMSOL and want to design a Thermoelectric Generator in it. Could I please get some reference model which would be helpful for my project? I am working on vertical/vertical type TEG in particular.

Any suggestion will be of great help.

Thanks a lot,

Harsha
Hello, I am a beginner in COMSOL and want to design a Thermoelectric Generator in it. Could I please get some reference model which would be helpful for my project? I am working on vertical/vertical type TEG in particular. Any suggestion will be of great help. Thanks a lot, Harsha

Swarrnna Karthik Parthasarathy

Posted: 1 decade ago 12.09.2012, 17:16 GMT-4
HI Dave and Piyush,

I am working on thermoelectric generators and would like to get some help from you. If any one of you could send me your basic model with the PDE's and boundary conditions it would be really helpful to me as I am starting from Scratch.

Thanks,
Swarrnna Karthik P

HI Dave and Piyush, I am working on thermoelectric generators and would like to get some help from you. If any one of you could send me your basic model with the PDE's and boundary conditions it would be really helpful to me as I am starting from Scratch. Thanks, Swarrnna Karthik P

Posted: 1 decade ago 20.09.2012, 08:48 GMT-4
Hello!!

I am also trying to model a thermo-electric generator and I would love to have
one basic model to get ideas from!
Hello!! I am also trying to model a thermo-electric generator and I would love to have one basic model to get ideas from!

Posted: 1 decade ago 02.04.2013, 10:17 GMT-4
hello everyone,
I just begin to learn silumation of thermoelectric generation in COMSOL. I want to get some Case Studies
which include coefficient form PDE. My email address is 512539809@qq.com.
I will appreciate any help
hello everyone, I just begin to learn silumation of thermoelectric generation in COMSOL. I want to get some Case Studies which include coefficient form PDE. My email address is 512539809@qq.com. I will appreciate any help

Posted: 1 decade ago 24.04.2013, 05:37 GMT-4
Hi, I'm working on the TE effect, I succeed in succeed in solving the problem using the PDE mode. I'll be happy to help you if you need.

bye
Hi, I'm working on the TE effect, I succeed in succeed in solving the problem using the PDE mode. I'll be happy to help you if you need. bye

Posted: 1 decade ago 24.04.2013, 20:55 GMT-4
Hi, thank you for your enthusiasm firstly, can you send me some case studies of PDF file format.,The more detailed, the better.
Hi, thank you for your enthusiasm firstly, can you send me some case studies of PDF file format.,The more detailed, the better.

Posted: 1 decade ago 08.05.2013, 08:50 GMT-4
hi, can you send me your basic model which contains the necessary PDE's and boundary conditions.I will appreciate your help.
hi, can you send me your basic model which contains the necessary PDE's and boundary conditions.I will appreciate your help.

Swarrnna Karthik Parthasarathy

Posted: 1 decade ago 10.06.2013, 13:33 GMT-4
Dear Dario Mastrolillo,

I have just started to work on comsol modelling of TE devices and would be grateful to you if you could help me out with the modelling part. It would be really helpful if you could email me so that I could get my doubts clarified. My email address is psks006@gmail.com

Thanks,
With Warm Regards,
Karthik
Dear Dario Mastrolillo, I have just started to work on comsol modelling of TE devices and would be grateful to you if you could help me out with the modelling part. It would be really helpful if you could email me so that I could get my doubts clarified. My email address is psks006@gmail.com Thanks, With Warm Regards, Karthik

Posted: 1 decade ago 13.06.2013, 14:33 GMT-4

Hi, I'm working on the TE effect, I succeed in succeed in solving the problem using the PDE mode. I'll be happy to help you if you need.

bye

Hello,

I am interested in seeing what you have for the Thermoelectric effect. I have created the physics myself, but I am having some difficulties. is this still a possibility?

Thanks in advanced,

Gaston Piller
[QUOTE] Hi, I'm working on the TE effect, I succeed in succeed in solving the problem using the PDE mode. I'll be happy to help you if you need. bye [/QUOTE] Hello, I am interested in seeing what you have for the Thermoelectric effect. I have created the physics myself, but I am having some difficulties. is this still a possibility? Thanks in advanced, Gaston Piller

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.