Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How can i perform a simulation on water vapor breathability of porous membranes?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I want to perform a simulation on water vapor breathability of porous membranes.

The membrane considered here varies in thickness.

On one side of the membrane, the environment (still air) is 35 degrees Celsius and has a saturated relative humidity, which translates into partial pressure of 5620Pa.

On the other side of the membrane, the environment is kept at 0% relative humidity with the help of a desiccator. (also 35 degrees Celsius)

I want to see if the varying membrane thickness would change the vapor transport rate through the membranes.

Any advice would be helpful,
Thank you

0 Replies Last Post 07.04.2015, 01:38 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Seongkyung Hong

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.