Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to split into different domains when Importing CAD files by other softwares?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there,

I'm a new user for COMSOL Multiphysics; I was not quite familiar with the COMSOL CAD module so I used UG which I've been always using, to build models;

however here comes the question: when I import the UG model into COMSOL, it always unite all the entities in UG into one domain in COMSOL; even if I select "do not knit" in the import options, this situation still happens.

So I'm wondering are there any solutions for this issue? Or there's no way and I have to use other CAD softwares, for example SolidWorks?

Thank you and All My Regards,

Allen

1 Reply Last Post 31.03.2015, 09:33 GMT-4
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 31.03.2015, 09:33 GMT-4

Allen,

you can use the 'Split' Operation.

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Allen, you can use the 'Split' Operation. Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.