Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Acoustic ultrasound diffreaction

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello
Believe me I wouldn't post this unless im about to give up, I tried dozens of dozen times with different modality for very long hours but I couldn't succeed. I'm relatively new on comsol and I need to build this model for my project:
I need to build Diffraction Grating DF for ultrasound with 0.4 mm pitch since I'm using lambda 0.4 mm. the wave should incident on the diffraction grating by angle 45 degree, then it should reflected by mirror behind the DG at any suitable distance. as a result the waves will come back and pass though the DG again to be detected by detector to see the maxima and minima. I've tried 2D and 3D in acoustic structure interaction>acoustic-solid interaction frequency domain.
every time I get error in computations, different errors! Mesh, boundaries, domains.. I lost my concentration.
The problem I have to finish my project in 2 weeks and Im very swamped by it.

Please any help will be highly appreciated and will save me. I know this model is not big deal for the experts but I have no enough time to keep tying.
thank you very much in advance.

0 Replies Last Post 28.03.2015, 18:28 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jacob m

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.