Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

player export

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The manual indicates

Click the Export button () in the Settings window or right-click the Player node in the Model Builder and select Export.
The file is exported to the location on your computer previously specified. The Messages window confirms where the files are exported as specified in the File section.

I have not found the way to specify the export location for a player...
no message in the message window either
no error message

Can someone indicate how to specify this
thanks

4 Replies Last Post 24.04.2014, 23:23 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 14.06.2010, 14:37 GMT-4
I was having trouble getting player to export as well, but right clicking on report and adding an animation worked well.

I need to try out what you did, so I'll let you know if I get better luck with player.

Thanks,
John
I was having trouble getting player to export as well, but right clicking on report and adding an animation worked well. I need to try out what you did, so I'll let you know if I get better luck with player. Thanks, John

Posted: 1 decade ago 16.06.2010, 10:58 GMT-4
It looks to me like there's a bug in the export feature on player. When I click the export button, nothing happens. Can somebody confirm this or am I doing something wrong?

Using an animation works well.
It looks to me like there's a bug in the export feature on player. When I click the export button, nothing happens. Can somebody confirm this or am I doing something wrong? Using an animation works well.

Alexander Smorgonskiy

Posted: 1 decade ago 18.06.2010, 11:18 GMT-4
I agree with you, John. Export button in Player is not working. It is necessary to create an Animation (right-click on Report section), specify output file, its location and settings. Afterwards every time you change any settings you can press Export button and output file(s) will be created automatically.

Alex
I agree with you, John. Export button in Player is not working. It is necessary to create an Animation (right-click on Report section), specify output file, its location and settings. Afterwards every time you change any settings you can press Export button and output file(s) will be created automatically. Alex

Posted: 1 decade ago 24.04.2014, 23:23 GMT-4
It is now almost 4 years later and this(simple) issue does not seem to be fixed? The data is already there calculated by the Player application, so why not possible to save it in a file? It takes as long to run the player as to create an Animation so why bother with the player?
It is now almost 4 years later and this(simple) issue does not seem to be fixed? The data is already there calculated by the Player application, so why not possible to save it in a file? It takes as long to run the player as to create an Animation so why bother with the player?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.