Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

heat transfer in thin film superconducting material

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi ,

I am working on topic named heat transfer in thin film superconductor. where i am coating a superconductor layer on substrate and exciting it inside a liquid helium bath maintained at 4.2K. I am done with modelling but not able to get temperature profile while excited with known value of current(say 10mA), since it is at very low temperature.For boundry conditions I have just applied temperature on all the surface ie 4.2K. Question is
1) I have given zero electrical resistance for the superconducting material in order to act as superconductor.Will this hold good enough or should i feed some equations relating resistance and temperature?
2) Can i create a seperate domain for the liquid helium and assign its properties ? Will that fetch me some positive results.
3) Also this fluid gets evapourated due to generation of heat. Can that be evaluated ?

Can anyone please help me out in these topics
With regards,
Vignesh

2 Replies Last Post 01.03.2015, 23:44 GMT-5

Posted: 9 years ago 28.02.2015, 00:19 GMT-5
Hi,

I suppose the magneto-thermal coupling modelling of superconductor is essential in your topic. The H-formulation is implemented method for modelling of superconductor.

A separate domain for the liquid helium is not needed, the best option is to define a boundary with the liquid helium by using Newton’s Law to explain the connective heat flux and boiling issue.

This article may be of little help: iopscience.iop.org/0953-2048/23/3/034018/

Best regards,

Hobart Gui
Hi, I suppose the magneto-thermal coupling modelling of superconductor is essential in your topic. The H-formulation is implemented method for modelling of superconductor. A separate domain for the liquid helium is not needed, the best option is to define a boundary with the liquid helium by using Newton’s Law to explain the connective heat flux and boiling issue. This article may be of little help: http://iopscience.iop.org/0953-2048/23/3/034018/ Best regards, Hobart Gui

Posted: 9 years ago 01.03.2015, 23:44 GMT-5
Thank you for your kind reply sir. I will go through these valuable tips.
Thank you for your kind reply sir. I will go through these valuable tips.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.