Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Geometry error (fin): Internal error in geometry decomposition.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I have been struggling to create the geometry but at the final stage which is "Form Union", I am getting this error: "Geometry error (fin): Internal error in geometry decomposition."

Attached my model.
Could you kindly tell me how is it possible to solve this problem?

Thanks
Sepideh

2 Replies Last Post 06.04.2016, 14:26 GMT-4

Posted: 9 years ago 15.01.2015, 08:23 GMT-5
Without looking at your file, I find that a good way around this error you are getting is to go back to your geometry and disable all geometry creation elements. Then start enabling them one at a time. Now mesh each individual step and activate more nodes as you go further along in your geometry. It is possible that one step in your geometry tree is causing problems. You can then isolate the problem and then try to figure out a work around.
Without looking at your file, I find that a good way around this error you are getting is to go back to your geometry and disable all geometry creation elements. Then start enabling them one at a time. Now mesh each individual step and activate more nodes as you go further along in your geometry. It is possible that one step in your geometry tree is causing problems. You can then isolate the problem and then try to figure out a work around.

Posted: 8 years ago 06.04.2016, 14:26 GMT-4
I have had the same problem several times.
If you go to the "Form Union " and change the " Relative repair tolerance " by one or two orders of magnitude, it might solve your problem.
I have had the same problem several times. If you go to the "Form Union " and change the " Relative repair tolerance " by one or two orders of magnitude, it might solve your problem.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.