Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Definite integrals documentation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am using the mathematics module in COMSOL and would like to know how to type out definite integrals. The integration operator (intop1) seems like it is used to calculate indefinite integrals. How can I type out say, {integral (0 to 1) x.dx} ?

1 Reply Last Post 24.11.2014, 03:23 GMT-5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 years ago 24.11.2014, 03:23 GMT-5
Integral operations are typically used for coupling. For example, use the integral of flow across a given surface as the boundary condition in a transport problem. Hence, it is a definite integral. I guess that users on this forum are able to give more examples how integral coupling can be utilized. I have used it in global plots, i.e. in plotting current across an electrode as a function of time dependent potential which is a global variable, not time as such.

br
Lasse
Integral operations are typically used for coupling. For example, use the integral of flow across a given surface as the boundary condition in a transport problem. Hence, it is a definite integral. I guess that users on this forum are able to give more examples how integral coupling can be utilized. I have used it in global plots, i.e. in plotting current across an electrode as a function of time dependent potential which is a global variable, not time as such. br Lasse

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.