Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Defining prescribed mesh velocity in Deformed Geometry physics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am modeling the dissolution rate of a particular particle inside water using both the Transport of Dilute Species and Deformed Geometry physics.

There's only one dependent variable in "Transport of Dilute Species" physics (c). I do have a relation for the prescribed normal mesh velocity section in "Deformed Geometry" physics. But, this relation contains the partial derivative of "c" (from transport of dilute species) with respect to time ON the surface boundary of the particle! this is the tricky part I do not know how to approach.
I want to know how to use the variable "c" calculated in one physics and use it and its derivatives in other physics involved.
I'd appreciate it if you could help me with that.
Thank You,
--
SY

2 Replies Last Post 03.12.2014, 14:07 GMT-5

Posted: 10 years ago 14.11.2014, 20:11 GMT-5
The time derivative of c is available as ct and the first and second partial derivatives of c with respect to x are available as cx and cxx respectively.
The time derivative of c is available as ct and the first and second partial derivatives of c with respect to x are available as cx and cxx respectively.

Posted: 10 years ago 03.12.2014, 14:07 GMT-5
Thanks Edvin

--
SY
Thanks Edvin -- SY

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.