Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Boundary as a thin wall (baffle) in non-isothermal model

Patsarawan Lipikanjanakul

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I'm a new member. Now I'm simulating about 3-D non-isothermal model in Comsol (4.3b). I try to make geometry box, 2 meter(H), 1 meter(W), and 5 meter(L). But in the box must have plate (like a baffle), the thickness of this plate is around 2 mm, so It's difficult to make it like a domain (got meshing problem).

At first, I think I should use wall boundary, but it's not application. So i tried to use interior wall instead, but it's still got a problem. I thought that interior wall it define a wall condition between two fluid domains. But in my work, it only one fluid in the box

I need help, what's boundary i should use?
who know or can suggest please help

THANK YOU

0 Replies Last Post 28.10.2014, 06:15 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Patsarawan Lipikanjanakul

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.