Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Unfocused ultrasound therapy heating

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi guys, how can in set unfocused source term in a ultrasound heating tissue.
Thanks for attention

3 Replies Last Post 12.04.2017, 01:37 GMT-4

Posted: 10 years ago 27.10.2014, 07:36 GMT-4
Hi Nelson,
Thank you for contacting COMSOL Discussion Forum. Let me know if you already have a model like this.
You can follow the "Focused Ultrasound Induced Heating in Tissue Phantom" model in Model Libraries, or take in link below:
-------------------------------------------
cds.comsol.com/mg/8544e2c22340e2.zip
Estimated size: 19.0 MB
This link expires November 3, 2014. Please make sure to download before that date.
Included files:
- models.aco.ultrasound_induced_heating.pdf
- ultrasound_induced_heating.mph
-------------------------------------------
Well, you'll need to modify the Geometry of your device to fit in your case.
Hi Nelson, Thank you for contacting COMSOL Discussion Forum. Let me know if you already have a model like this. You can follow the "Focused Ultrasound Induced Heating in Tissue Phantom" model in Model Libraries, or take in link below: ------------------------------------------- http://cds.comsol.com/mg/8544e2c22340e2.zip Estimated size: 19.0 MB This link expires November 3, 2014. Please make sure to download before that date. Included files: - models.aco.ultrasound_induced_heating.pdf - ultrasound_induced_heating.mph ------------------------------------------- Well, you'll need to modify the Geometry of your device to fit in your case.

Posted: 8 years ago 07.04.2016, 15:16 GMT-4
I also am interested in using unfocused ultrasound for tissue heating. Have there been any updates on this thread that I am unaware about? I am trying to model a cylindrical catheter and the surrounding tissue heating in 360 degrees.

Thank you in advance
I also am interested in using unfocused ultrasound for tissue heating. Have there been any updates on this thread that I am unaware about? I am trying to model a cylindrical catheter and the surrounding tissue heating in 360 degrees. Thank you in advance

Posted: 7 years ago 12.04.2017, 01:37 GMT-4
Hi :-)

My name is Ahmad, I also work in this field and have just started my PhD in this topic.

I have started with this model, mentioned above, but I have the following problems and really need help in it as I am stuck in this stage and I am not an expert in COMSOL:
1. The source in this model is focused, how to make it unfocused?
2. How can I change the frequency of the ultrasound source? I think I should play with the design itself

That is all what I need to ask about and I really appreciate it if you can help me out in this

Kindest Regards
Ahmad
Hi :-) My name is Ahmad, I also work in this field and have just started my PhD in this topic. I have started with this model, mentioned above, but I have the following problems and really need help in it as I am stuck in this stage and I am not an expert in COMSOL: 1. The source in this model is focused, how to make it unfocused? 2. How can I change the frequency of the ultrasound source? I think I should play with the design itself That is all what I need to ask about and I really appreciate it if you can help me out in this Kindest Regards Ahmad

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.