Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

inventor tube assembly to comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everybody.I made a tube and pipe design in Autodesk inventor that contains 2 manifolds and several pipes(want to run a laminar flow simulation).
When i transfer the file to comsol via livelink for inventor, the inside domain is empty of course, so i used the cap faces to define the inside.However, when i try to set the inlet/outlet condition, i cannot select the cap faces.It is like they do not exist as a numbered face.
Thanks in advance.

1 Reply Last Post 20.10.2014, 09:15 GMT-4
Lorant Olasz COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 years ago 20.10.2014, 09:15 GMT-4
Hi Antony,
Based on your description it seems to me that your geometry contains several solid objects. For cap faces to work it needs to be applied to each individual object. In case you have done that, but it still doesn't work I suggest that you contact support and submit the geometry so that we can identify what is going on.
Best regards,
Lorant
Hi Antony, Based on your description it seems to me that your geometry contains several solid objects. For cap faces to work it needs to be applied to each individual object. In case you have done that, but it still doesn't work I suggest that you contact support and submit the geometry so that we can identify what is going on. Best regards, Lorant

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.