Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulation of non newtonian electroosmotic micro mixer

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi every body
I want to simulate a electroosmotic micro mixer with non-Newtonian fluid (blood) by power law model.
I use Comsol 3.5, this Comsol in non-Newtonian model have not electroosmotic velocity (wall as boundary condition) hence I define it as a sliding wall ,is it possible and correct?
Furthermore I define electroosmotic velocity in wall (that has constant zeta potential) for power law model according to this equation:
U_s=〖nk〗^((1-n)/n) 〖(-(εψ_w E_0)/m)〗^(1/n)

K: invers of Debye length, Kesi: zeta potential, E0: external electric field
(I find it in an exact solution of power law model in simple micro channel)
But I cannot give a result! I have attached my file. Also I have a problem in velocity direction in wall that i define as sliding wall : the velocity direction at up walls and down walls are opposite even at the first !and the velocity at the up walls is not in direction of the electric field.
I would really appreciate if somebody helps me.

0 Replies Last Post 15.09.2014, 12:35 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Samira Mostafavi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.