Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Volume average over selected domains in 2D axisymmetric

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am using 2D axisymmetric setup in my model consisting of two radial geometries (concurrent) with same axis at the center. In post processing, volume average under derived values does not allow me to select different domains but rather calculates volume average for whole geomety. Can anyone please help if I need to calculate volume average for separate domains?

Thanks,
Harkirat

1 Reply Last Post 29.07.2014, 03:44 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 years ago 29.07.2014, 03:44 GMT-4
What you can do is add a 'selection' subnode to your solution node, and use it to select only the relevant domain. The revolution will then only revolve that domain. Since the vollume average depends on the revolution it will then only be the average of that domain.
What you can do is add a 'selection' subnode to your solution node, and use it to select only the relevant domain. The revolution will then only revolve that domain. Since the vollume average depends on the revolution it will then only be the average of that domain.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.