Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

capacitance in cantilever beam3D

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm new to comsol and I'm trying to find the capacitance in cantilever beam 3D.
So what should i do to find his out ?
And also i want to know how to perform contact modelling in this so that i can stop the peneteration of the cantilever beam through block ?

3 Replies Last Post 19.04.2010, 10:08 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 15.04.2010, 01:29 GMT-4
Hi

the best reply, when you are beginig, is to repeat the different models in the documentation, build a couple, find out how ad why they interact. And write out the equation of what you want to solve, then sort the variables to catch the coherence with the COMSOL implementation.

Have fun Comsoling
Ivar
Hi the best reply, when you are beginig, is to repeat the different models in the documentation, build a couple, find out how ad why they interact. And write out the equation of what you want to solve, then sort the variables to catch the coherence with the COMSOL implementation. Have fun Comsoling Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 19.04.2010, 09:52 GMT-4
dear sir
thanks for your kind reply.
i think you can solve my problem.i have done a couple of problems in comsol but still unable to find out capacitance in 3D geometry.
in my example i have taken two plates separated by air gap.
i have applied voltages on the plates and saw the deflection.
please tell me how to find out the capacitance vs voltage graph
thanks in advance
hope for favourable response
regards
sudhir kundu
dear sir thanks for your kind reply. i think you can solve my problem.i have done a couple of problems in comsol but still unable to find out capacitance in 3D geometry. in my example i have taken two plates separated by air gap. i have applied voltages on the plates and saw the deflection. please tell me how to find out the capacitance vs voltage graph thanks in advance hope for favourable response regards sudhir kundu

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 19.04.2010, 10:08 GMT-4
Hi

I beleive the quickest is to take a look at the models on the "Model Exchange" section, there are a few simple ACDC examples there that should help, no ?

have fun Comsoling
Ivar
Hi I beleive the quickest is to take a look at the models on the "Model Exchange" section, there are a few simple ACDC examples there that should help, no ? have fun Comsoling Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.