Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Failed to evaluate variable Jacobian.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

What's the problem when the software tells:'Failed to evaluate variable Jacobian.' ? Thank u.

2 Replies Last Post 24.07.2014, 21:39 GMT-4

Posted: 10 years ago 24.07.2014, 11:11 GMT-4
I think it most likely means that you haven't correctly defined a variable, or didn't give it any value at all. It should give you a name of the variable, for example: Failed to evaluate variable jacobian ht.hf1 on domain 1. In this case ht stands for "Heat transfer" and hf1 means "heat flux 1". With that you should be able to find where the problem is. The domain relates to which domain you have selected for that aspect of the physics.

Hope that helps

Matt
I think it most likely means that you haven't correctly defined a variable, or didn't give it any value at all. It should give you a name of the variable, for example: Failed to evaluate variable jacobian ht.hf1 on domain 1. In this case ht stands for "Heat transfer" and hf1 means "heat flux 1". With that you should be able to find where the problem is. The domain relates to which domain you have selected for that aspect of the physics. Hope that helps Matt

Posted: 10 years ago 24.07.2014, 21:39 GMT-4
I am so glad when I get your reply. It helps me a lot. Hoping to communicate with you next time. Thanks a lot.

Shuai Yuan
I am so glad when I get your reply. It helps me a lot. Hoping to communicate with you next time. Thanks a lot. Shuai Yuan

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.