Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Moving Mesh for moving object

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

i have two objects. One of them is static and has a high constant temperature. The other one, which should have contact with the hotter object, has a velocity in z direction. So i choose the physics "heat transfer in solids" and "moving mesh(ale)". Boundaries at "heat transfer should be clear". In "moving mesh" i take "free deformation" and select the object to move and the the prescribed mesh velocity and select all surfaces of the object.
My problem is that the contact between two objects is interrupted after the moving of my object ( i can see it on my temperature distribution). What could be the reason for that?

Thanks
Tolga

1 Reply Last Post 09.06.2014, 04:52 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 09.06.2014, 04:52 GMT-4
Hi.
Maybe the work of Ms. Rebecca Cantrell can help you. See the link below for her works.
www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/26292

Jonathan
Hi. Maybe the work of Ms. Rebecca Cantrell can help you. See the link below for her works. http://www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/26292 Jonathan

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.