Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

error: may have reached singularity

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
what is meant by this error"repeated error test failures, may have reached singularity" and at what place does the error come from? from mesh, geometry, or what? i try to model DC Discharge plasma jet model

2 Replies Last Post 24.05.2014, 23:15 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 24.05.2014, 23:12 GMT-4
"Repeated error test failures. May have reached a singularity.
Time : 7.299997707294361e-006 Last time step is not converged."
============================

I have moved the toy electrostatics ES example (circular plate capacitor) over to EC. Warning: zero AIR conductivity will cause bizarre numerical errors in the field system without any warning. Make sigma small but finite!

I apply a step voltage pulse at 4us to terminal. computes OK.
I apply a pulse on at 4us, off at 7us I get the error. Takes 10 minutes to fail.
revert to step voltage computes OK.

I have looked here. I have looked in help. Can't find anything meaningful. I have no clue what to do about it.

thanks
Colin Hales
"Repeated error test failures. May have reached a singularity. Time : 7.299997707294361e-006 Last time step is not converged." ============================ I have moved the toy electrostatics ES example (circular plate capacitor) over to EC. Warning: zero AIR conductivity will cause bizarre numerical errors in the field system without any warning. Make sigma small but finite! I apply a step voltage pulse at 4us to terminal. computes OK. I apply a pulse on at 4us, off at 7us I get the error. Takes 10 minutes to fail. revert to step voltage computes OK. I have looked here. I have looked in help. Can't find anything meaningful. I have no clue what to do about it. thanks Colin Hales

Posted: 1 decade ago 24.05.2014, 23:15 GMT-4
.MPH file is attached.
Meshes and solutions stripped)

.MPH file is attached. Meshes and solutions stripped)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.