Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to solve 4th PDE in postprocessing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

When I use Electric currents module, I want to solve 4th order PDEs in this postprocessing. For example, d(d(d(d(V,x),x),x),x). But it didn’t work.

Please give me some advise. Thanks.

3 Replies Last Post 03.04.2014, 02:23 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 02.04.2014, 10:41 GMT-4
I doubt the elements have so high order, which means the fourth order derivative will be zero.

--
Pu, ZHANG
DTU Fotonik
I doubt the elements have so high order, which means the fourth order derivative will be zero. -- Pu, ZHANG DTU Fotonik

Posted: 1 decade ago 02.04.2014, 22:33 GMT-4
I find that d function is 2nd order. Did you have a way to solve 4th order deviate?

Thanks.
I find that d function is 2nd order. Did you have a way to solve 4th order deviate? Thanks.

Posted: 1 decade ago 03.04.2014, 02:23 GMT-4
One way is to introduce an intermediate variable.

--
Pu, ZHANG
DTU Fotonik
One way is to introduce an intermediate variable. -- Pu, ZHANG DTU Fotonik

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.