Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

extract data from Comsol to matlab at a specific area

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi:
I have a rectangular structure in Comsol and the field is located in the middle of the domain. I want to export only the data at the middle of the domain where the field is located, can I do that in Comsol? or it has to be done through Comsol script?. I used to do post processing manually and select a regular grid directly from Comsol.
Can anyone help me out with this?, I really need to find a way to export as many points from the middle of the domain as possible.
thanks,
Naema

3 Replies Last Post 29.03.2014, 13:52 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 29.03.2014, 12:27 GMT-4
You can export data from a customized region. In export options you can specify it. I never tried myself, so I don't know if it will be awkward or not. Good luck!

--
Pu, ZHANG
DTU Fotonik
You can export data from a customized region. In export options you can specify it. I never tried myself, so I don't know if it will be awkward or not. Good luck! -- Pu, ZHANG DTU Fotonik

Posted: 1 decade ago 29.03.2014, 13:04 GMT-4
thanks Pu, the problem is that I searched a lot in the options and could not figure it out, do I need to save the mph file as a Matlab file in order to do such a trick!.
I hope someone can guide me on how to do this,
thanks,
Naema
thanks Pu, the problem is that I searched a lot in the options and could not figure it out, do I need to save the mph file as a Matlab file in order to do such a trick!. I hope someone can guide me on how to do this, thanks, Naema

Posted: 1 decade ago 29.03.2014, 13:52 GMT-4
I think you can use a coordinate file to specify the region only within COMSOL.

--
Pu, ZHANG
DTU Fotonik
I think you can use a coordinate file to specify the region only within COMSOL. -- Pu, ZHANG DTU Fotonik

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.