Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Bug with Solidworks livelink in Comsol ?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi.

We recently started using Comsol for Cathodic protection analysis and we are using Solidworks for modelling.

In some of our models we get this issues that we loose the selections and need to manually create new selections.

The way we normal create selections is by adding materials to the different bodies inside Solidworks and when we synchronize we can use these materials as selection sets.

This is working fine in some simple projects but for recent projects we are getting into this issue usually when we are at the mesh operations. If i Choose Domain i can see the selecion from Solidworks in the entity drop down list. But when i select it, nothing happens. And then i need to manually create new selections for all those faces/elements etc.

Anyone else had this issue? Or is there a solution to this?

Best Regards
Roy Salminen
Senior Engineer
Deepwater Norway AS

1 Reply Last Post 05.03.2014, 12:13 GMT-5
Lorant Olasz COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 05.03.2014, 12:13 GMT-5
Hi Roy,

If you are still experiencing the issue with lost selections I suggest that you contact COMSOL support, preferably with an example CAD file, so that we can determine the cause of the problem.

Best regards,
Lorant
Hi Roy, If you are still experiencing the issue with lost selections I suggest that you contact COMSOL support, preferably with an example CAD file, so that we can determine the cause of the problem. Best regards, Lorant

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.