Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Oscillation of an air bubble in microfluidic channel

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I am currently trying to simulate oscillation of an air bubble inside a microfludic channel, using pressure acoustics study. More specifically, I would like to observe displacement of an air-water interface that is formed inside a microfludic channel, when a acoustic pressure of a fixed frequency and amplitude is applied to a microfludic chip that contains the channel.

I have a rough idea how to make COMSOL calculate the acoustic pressure inside two domains (filled with air and water, respectively) in the microfludic channel, using transient pressure acoustics (actd). I would also like to make the air-water interface move according to the pressure differential between two domains; however, I was unable to find a way to do so.

I really appreciate your help in advance :)

Kanghwan

1 Reply Last Post 08.03.2014, 12:44 GMT-5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 08.03.2014, 12:44 GMT-5
I think we are doing similar item---oscillatory test
abcd702848@hhu.edu.cn Hoping communication with you
I think we are doing similar item---oscillatory test abcd702848@hhu.edu.cn Hoping communication with you

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.