Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Reporting bugs

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I spent the whole day yesterday working around a couple of Comsol bugs with "Reset History" (first, where it failed to Reset History with an error message, and second where it changed things around in the process of resetting history, so I have to check my whole model again and fix things — which is clearly a bug, right? As resetting history shouldn't change the final state of the model).

The other big outstanding problem with Comsol is cryptic error messages, which creates a few hours of frustration for me every week, and clearly, for a lot of other people, if you follow these forums. In most cases, this would be so easy to fix for the developers.

With most sensibly organised large software projects, I would file a bug report, if a bug or poorly written error message causes me a few hours of wasted time, but it seems that Comsol doesn't have such a facility. I haven't reported the above bugs, for the sole reason that I'd only do that if I'm sure that it hadn't been reported before, so that I know that I'm not wasting more of my time writing a duplicated report. With no publicly visible bug tracker, no wonder that I'm still finding bugs all the time...

0 Replies Last Post 19.02.2014, 20:22 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Evgeni Sergeev

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.