Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Coupling of Transport of Diluted Species with Darcy Flow with thin layers

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello All,

I'm working on a model of blood flow through a porous media. The blood flows through two main conduits an arteriole and a venule both of which have a main luminal region as well as a thin layer in which the reactions and such are slightly altered. Flow through the capillaries is modeled as Darcy flow through the tissue. So first I solve the Darcy flow with no issue, and then I attempt to solve the transport of diluted species physics and run into issues with regards to solving. Ideally I'd like to take this dynamic with a change in conduit geometry in response to mass transport, but can't do so due to difficulties in solving the steady state problem. I'm wondering if the issue lies with the coupling of Darcy Flow to the mass transport or if its due to the thin regions located within my two conduits? Any advice? I'm attaching the model as well as a picture of my solution convergence.

Thanks

Pat

0 Replies Last Post 19.02.2014, 18:16 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Patrick Kirby

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.