Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

1d line plot help

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a rectangular solid (x=1m, y=.5m, z=1m, corner at origin) and I did a heat transfer study on it, where the z=1m surface was at 450K and z=0m surface is at 200K. I then plotted a 2d slice at y=.25m, and I now want to plot a 1D line that goes through the center of the solid from z=0m to z=1m. Can anyone tell me where to start with the 1D line?

2 Replies Last Post 12.02.2014, 12:32 GMT-5
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 12.02.2014, 02:14 GMT-5
You can use a cut line data set: Select Results > Data Sets and add a Cut Line 3D data set. Enter the endpoints of the line. Create a 1D plot group that points to the cut line data set and add a Line Graph plot to it.
You can use a cut line data set: Select Results > Data Sets and add a Cut Line 3D data set. Enter the endpoints of the line. Create a 1D plot group that points to the cut line data set and add a Line Graph plot to it.

Posted: 1 decade ago 12.02.2014, 12:32 GMT-5
Thanks! That helped a lot, I'm new to COMSOL so I have no clue what I'm doing.
Thanks! That helped a lot, I'm new to COMSOL so I have no clue what I'm doing.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.