Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Combining 2d and 3d simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a very flat channel through which I am flowing water. In the space around this channel I have a series of magnets. I am going to add metallic particles to the water, and see how they are transported by the combination of drag and magnetophoretic forces. The series of magnets are in 3d space and so the magnetic field needs to be solved in 3 dimensions. However the channel is very flat and so can be simulated in 2 dimensions, because 3d is computationally difficult. Is there a way to solve the magnetic field in 3d, then find the field in the plane of the liquid and paste it into the liquid simulation?

0 Replies Last Post 25.01.2014, 22:22 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Adam Mepham

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.