Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Creating Geometry in Autocad for COMSOL - 3dface - surface problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a very complex geometry to be analyzed in COMSOL that can best be modeled by Autocad using 3Dfaces. After composing the model in faces I used the converttosurface command in Autocad, this is how COMSOL could open a visible model (by LiveLinktoAutocad). However all the boundaries (thousands of them) have this warning: not applicable in parenthesis. On the other hand, all the edges, points in connections and all drawn boundaries can be seen in Comsol graphics. Is there a way to build a solid model in COMSOL out of this so called- not applicable- surfaces, or is there a way to convert those boundaries to applicable ones.

Thanks

2 Replies Last Post 06.01.2014, 16:26 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 06.01.2014, 01:39 GMT-5
yeah even we can model the complex in comsol itself.I am suggesting you take the dimensions from Autocad especially for the arc ,polygon give it to comsol geometry feature and then you can go for extrude,or convert to surface,solids.etc.better do it in comsol itself ,to eliminate the origin or co-ordinate problem..

all the best...
yeah even we can model the complex in comsol itself.I am suggesting you take the dimensions from Autocad especially for the arc ,polygon give it to comsol geometry feature and then you can go for extrude,or convert to surface,solids.etc.better do it in comsol itself ,to eliminate the origin or co-ordinate problem.. all the best...

Posted: 1 decade ago 06.01.2014, 16:26 GMT-5
I am not sure if I can get into that complexity in COMSOL, attached is a print screen view of the model graphics. This is an architectural mega-structure, which is not much common I guess to work on such spaces in COMSOL. What do you mean by giving it to comsol geometry feature, is it stg that I can do in Autocad?
I am not sure if I can get into that complexity in COMSOL, attached is a print screen view of the model graphics. This is an architectural mega-structure, which is not much common I guess to work on such spaces in COMSOL. What do you mean by giving it to comsol geometry feature, is it stg that I can do in Autocad?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.