Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Rotating geometry in 3D plot

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

First, I design a rotating disc simulation in 3D space. I select the model physics by 'Solid mechanics'.
In this physics, I insert some values to 'Velocity field' of 'initial Values'.
x = -y*(2*pi)*(RPM/60), y = x*(2*pi)*(RPM/60), z=0.
I think, this values work as 'angular velocity of rotation motion'. Is it correct?

Second, I have to 3D plot of simulation results. I select study step as 'Time dependent'.
And I choice a 3D plot --> volume --> deformation.

I want to 'see' the simulation : geometry of disc 'really' rotating at each time interval.
For example, If the disc's RPM equals to 15[rpm]=0.25Hz and time range equals to range(0,0.25,1), then
disc will be rotate 90 degree at each time point.
(0deg/0sec, 90deg/0.25sec, 180deg/0.5sec, 270deg/0.75sec, 360deg/1sec)

I want to 'real' rotating simulation in 3D plot. I hope the geometry of rotating disc is 'visually' rotation.
I use a COMSOL 4.2ver.
Please help me.
Thank you !

0 Replies Last Post 03.01.2014, 03:33 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello H.M. Song

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.