Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Variable WAr in microwave plasma simualtion & other

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to re-do all the steps of the following model : inplane_microwave_plasma.mph, available in the model library. I encountered two different problems that i don't understand.

1) When i use an union at the end of the design of the geometry (the 3 rectangles), i am not able to set properly the boundaries for the "Wall" and "Ground" : it says "not applicable" on the common border with the upper & lower rectangle ! Why is that ? In the model, it works... I got round this problem by using an assembly with contcat pairs instead, and everything work then. But it's not what the model was using... Any clue ?

2) More serious : when i try to compute the solution, i get an error message a few seconds after the beginning of the time dependant solver phase. It says :

Failed to evaluate variable jacobian
- Variable: WAr
- Geometry: 2
- Boundary: 8
- Feature: Time-Dependent Solver 1 (sol4/t1)
- Error: Failed to evaluate variable Jacobian.

So i displayed the equation and started looking for the WAr variable. Never able to find it. I just found this :
mwp.wAr=1-mwp.wArs-mwp_wAr_1p
mwp.wArs=exp(Re[WArs])
mwp.wAr_1p=exp(Re[WAr_1p])

But no hint of the localisation of those WArs nor WAr_1p and above all, WAr... Any idea on this ?

Thanks in advance,

Alexandre Bondoux

0 Replies Last Post 15.11.2013, 11:19 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Alexandre Bondoux

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.