Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

piezoelectric resonator problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to model a piezoelectric resonator in comsol. Its resonant frequency should be near 100 kHz. However, I see extra peaks above 100kHz which looks a lot like noise to me. We have an actual resonator that we fabricated in hand and those peak don't appear anywhere in the measurement. any idea why?

1 Reply Last Post 14.10.2013, 16:21 GMT-4
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 14.10.2013, 16:21 GMT-4

Juan,
difficult to give an advice without seeing your model or the results. Sounds like it could be mesh related. You could check if finer meshing resolves the issue.

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Juan, difficult to give an advice without seeing your model or the results. Sounds like it could be mesh related. You could check if finer meshing resolves the issue. Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.