Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

simulating intensity modulated point source

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I am working on a project on Diffuse Optical Tomography. We are using COMSOL to simulate lasers irradiating a biological tissue with certain vales of scattering and absorption coefficients. Till now, we had used a constant point source by putting 'u_test' in the weak coefficient of point settings. But now, we want to modulate the intensity(or amplitude) of this point source sinusoidally. I am not able to find any ideas anywhere. Please Help, very urgent.

2 Replies Last Post 17.05.2016, 22:53 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 16.03.2010, 09:02 GMT-4
Please anyone?? Any sort of suggestions would be welcome..
Please anyone?? Any sort of suggestions would be welcome..

Posted: 8 years ago 17.05.2016, 22:53 GMT-4
Hello. I have met the same problem. I tried to simulate a point soure. But it emits sephere light. I want it to emit line light. Have you sloved the problem?How did you do that?
Hello. I have met the same problem. I tried to simulate a point soure. But it emits sephere light. I want it to emit line light. Have you sloved the problem?How did you do that?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.