Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Waveguide spot size converter

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I am trying to setup a 3d model, using the Wave Optics Beam Envelopes Method, for simulating fiber to chip coupling using a waveguide spot size converter. The waveguide is only tapered in the lateral direction. The operation wavelength is 850nm.

I have problems meshing the structure - I first create a free triangular mesh on the waveguide facet end facet and sweep that along the waveguide axis, but when do the same for the cladding I get the error "Unsupported topology of linking face".

If anyone has a working Comsol model for a spot size converter and is be willing to share it, I would be grateful.
Any input on the meshing issue is also appreciated.

All the best,

Ulrich

1 Reply Last Post 19.08.2013, 13:15 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 19.08.2013, 13:15 GMT-4
Exactly same problem here! Help welcome...
Exactly same problem here! Help welcome...

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.