Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Norton Creep parameters

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi experts/users,

I'm going to simulate creep of polymer by using Norton model in situation which temperature and applied force are constant.
I've got question regarding parameters in Norton creep model. I appreciate any hints which could help me.

I need parameters 'creep rate coefficient', 'reference stress for creep' and 'Stress exponent'.

First, I found the ''stress exponent'' from graph of natural logarithm of strain rate versus natural logarithm of stress.

Then I used the attached relation to calculate 'Creep rate coefficient'. But the point is that the unit of the calculated
creep rate coefficient (A) is (1/(s.pa^n)).

If the procedure is right, what is the right value for A with unit (1/s) and the value for ''reference stress for creep'' (pa)?

Another question is that, is it possible that stress exponent be less than 1?

Best regards,
Samira

0 Replies Last Post 11.07.2013, 08:38 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Samira Es

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.