Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Boundary condition for finding the Eigenfrequencies of a simple cavity in RF

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm trying to find the eigenfrequencies of a simple cavity in 2D/3D. I put my cavity in a large circle/sphere. now to find the eigenfrequencies, i put the scattering boundary condition for the outer most layer, and add PML. The program stop running cause it founds some NAN/Inf values on the boundary of the outermost layer. the problem would solve if i remove the scattering boundary condition and just use PML, but in this case it would give me some modes outside the cavity in free space! I'm new in COMSOL, I tried to checked the examples in RF session but couldn't find "Eigenfrequency" regimes. they all use frequency domains and has initial values for the field at the boundaries. So my question is can i even use the scattering boundary condition in resonance frequency finding where there is no source or initial value anywhere in the system?

Thanks

0 Replies Last Post 06.02.2013, 11:34 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Parinaz Aleahmad

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.